How do I protect myself when someone is stealing from me?

Fraud, embezzlement or civil thefts come in many forms. Take back what is yours. We excel at pinpointing fraudulent transactions or concealment schemes designed to unjustly enrich the wrong party. Investments, partnerships and business arrangements don't always go as planned. Act quickly and decisively. Don't let them get away with it. Get a free consultation to evaluate your options.

How do I protect myself from an unfair settlement in an accident case?

Valuation of injury cases involves both art and science. In today's environment you have to fight to keep the playing field level. Most cases settle, but we bring 25 years of trial experience throughout Colorado and the United States to ensure preparation for the best result.

What do I do if I or my company is sued?

We are an equal opportunity provider to protect your rights. We represent both Plaintiffs and Defendants in business and commercial litigation. Commonly, we defend wrongly accused parties in civil litigation or sue wrongdoers on behalf of business owners and individuals.

What do I do when my own insurance won't cover my loss?

Colorado has special laws to protect you from your insurer's bad faith acts against your interest. You need to carefully document communications with your insurer and get legal advice about your rights and remedies under your policy and the law.

What do I do if I want to get out of a business I am in with other people?

Depending on the situation, your biggest concern may be getting full value for your interest. Each business has its agreements and duties to owners. The rights and remedies of business owners are typically governed by contracts. Get an analysis of your specific facts in the context of those agreements. You may have rights to force a sale of your interest where wrongdoing is involved or as part of your contract.

How long does it take to bring a case to closure?

Each case depends on the facts, state of the investigation and whether medical injuries are continuing or have resolved. Some claims resolve without the need for litigation, while some cases may require litigation in order to properly vindicate your rights and achieve a fair result. However, the vast majority of cases resolve without the need for trial.

What do I do if the person who caused my accident does not have enough insurance?

You may have other ways to recover your damages, including but not limited to if you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage under your own insurance policy. Facts regarding ownership of vehicles involved, business or personal driving purpose of the involved drivers, types of insurance coverage and distracted or intoxicated driving are all pieces of the answer.

What are your fees?

We charge a contingency fee in most injury cases, where we accept a percentage of the total recovery in your case. In business and corporate litigation we typically charge an hourly rate or some other fee arrangement depending on the circumstances. In some cases we accept a contingency fee arrangement in business or fraud cases.

How long do I have to file a lawsuit in my case?

In most cases one, two or three years after the triggering of the limitations statute applicable to your type of claim. In general an intentional injury to someone has a one year limitations statute, a negligence claim will have a two year limitations period unless it involves a motor vehicle accident then it is extended to three years. In business cases typically three years for breaches of contract or other misconduct. Also in most cases, the statute is triggered by when the wrong is discovered or reasonably should have been. In concealment cases, this can extend the statute almost indefinitely.